David Seidel, AIA
1516 Lombard St. Suite 5
415/931-3470 ph fax
Owner (Sole Proprietor) - Since 2002
W. David Seidel,
San Francisco CA.
Please see my website www.wdavidseidel.com
for detailed completed project information.
Communications, Commercial, Retail,
- Senior Project Manager/Architect at EHDD | Architecture.
Restoration of a historical finger pier building for the exploratoriumís move to a downtown location.
A Type I 24 story luxury condominium tower with 3 levels of parking below
grade, close to Moscone Center. (Under Construction)
- Sr. Project Manager at BCV Architects for renovation/transformation
of "The Cannery".
A 100k sq ft, Type IV historical retail building with LEED gold rating,
seismic upgrade to 2007 code, all-new systems, new stairs and new
elevators. (Lost funding, Spring, 2008)
- Contract Project Architect at Anshen + Allen.
Two Type II FR hospitals, one in Gilroy, one in Milpitas. 2005
- Project Architect at Flad Architects in
charge of building infrastructure for new state of the art R&D lab
building for Chiron Inc.
- Project Shell Architect for ($30M) 30,000 sq ft state of the art
clinical manufacturing facility (CPMF) for Genentech Inc.
- Project Architect/Mgr. for ($30M) 90,000 sq ft state of the art
R&D lab building for Genentech Inc.
- Project Architect for ($2M) 18,000 sq ft headquarters building for
- Job Captain at John Holey Associates for relocation of Advertising
Agency Foote, Cone & Belding to a new building (120k sf, 450 heads).
- Job Captain for tenant improvements for KDTV channel 14 and Pomegranit, a post-production company.
- Job Captain for several Cellular One Stores in the Bay Area.
- Project manager for Master and Facilities Plans for labs, offices
and manufacturing at Chiron Corp. (1M sf, 3,000
- Managed DD, CD and CA for new cGMP Fermentation and Purification
Suites (Baxter, Allergan) and several upgrades
of existing Suites (Miles, Microgenics).
- Job Captain at Gensler Associates for
several Disney stores in U.S. and
- Junior Designer for Oracle HQ (250k sf),
R & D / Mfg Campus for Becton - Dickinson (300k sf)
and misc. high-end Tenant Improvements in S.F.
Registered Architect in California
Professional Liability Insurance
Member, American Institute of
Skills & Services:
- Programming, Masterplanning
- Budgeting, Scheduling
- Design, Design Development
- Construction Documents
- Permits, Bidding
- Construction Administration
- Science & Technology
- Acoustics, Soundproofing
- Media Companies
- Biotechnology, R & D and cGMP
- Project Management
- B. A. in Architecture with Honors, U.C. Berkeley, 1991
- 2 years course work, sound engineering, Technische
Universitaet Berlin, FRG
- Abitur (German Baccalaureate) Helmholtz
Gymnasium Frankfurt, FRG
Expert-level proficiency in several
CADD and business software applications and platforms:
- CADD: Revit, AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop, ArchiCad,
SketchUp, Intergraph MicroStation, Arris, GDS 3D, Amapi 3D, CARA (Computer
Aided Room Acoustics)
Spreadsheets, Database, Word-processing, Scheduling, Desktop Publishing,
Graphics, Video, Audio, Web Publishing, Networking, Hardware Installation
Windows: All Flavors, LINUX, MAC/OS
- Back to Top of Page -